What does PTSA do?
PTSA (Parent, Teacher, Student Association) brings Parents, Teachers, Students and School Administration together to enhance and enrich student education at Jeffrey Trail Middle School. PTSA partners with one another and Mr. Georgino to identify and prioritize needs of JTMS and work collaboratively to provide resources, equipment, supplies, programs, support and funding directly to JTMS that would not otherwise be available to our children. PTSA supports and advocates specifically for JTMS.
PTSA HAS in the past and, will continue to support the school on an as needed basis to maximize the learning experience.
EVERY CHILD. ONE VOICE.
PTSA’s mission is to make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children.
- provide funds for purchase of new bicycle rack for 50 more bikes,
- provide funding for relocatable lunch tables and benches,
- provide funding for grill and related accessories for school BBQs,
- provide funding for purchasing new computers for the school,
- provide funding for purchasing new books for the library
- provide funding for purchasing tools and books for each department as requested by department to support learning in the specific subject teacher supplies,
- provide and support programs at JTMS such as Reflections, Red Ribbon Week, Astounding Inventions, W.I.N.G.S. behavioral recognition program, 8th grade Promotion Party,
- provide support through volunteer coordination to assist teachers and school with events throughout the year such as 8th grade model election, school wide hearing testing, school celebrations or events requiring extra help
- staff appreciation week
This year we would like to provide additional learning activities for kids after school and continue to support the school in any way requested. We would also like to encourage students to join us both as members (enabling them to have an active say in the decisions) and as vocal participants expressing their views and opinions in a positive and purposeful manner to enhance their own learning environment.
Not only do you as a member get insight into your child’s education but you also get to have a say in it through voting on financial decisions affecting money’s donated to the school and how it is used. Participation also gives you the opportunity to meet a variety of caring individuals who share the common goal of supporting an effective, safe and pleasant learning environment for our kids.
GENERAL MEETING DATES:
Mark your calendars!
Sept. 23, 2020 at 6:00 PM – Zoom
Nov. 24, 2020 Dec. 10, 2020 at 6:00 PM – Zoom
Jan. 27, 2021 at 6:00 PM – Zoom
March 31, 2021 at 6:00 PM March 10 at 6:30 – Zoom
May 26, 2021 at 6:00 PM – Zoom
WHY SHOULD I DONATE?
Your donation to PTSA goes directly to Jeffrey Trail Middle School and supports your student. A suggested donation of $25.00 per family is greatly appreciated.